Active Time: 25 Mins
Total Time: 25 Mins
Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: 3 ravioli each)
This fried ravioli is filled with cheesy goodness, plus that classic cacio e pepe flavor thanks to two different cheeses and freshly ground black pepper. To prep ahead, these can be breaded in advance and air-fried closer to serving. Turn up the indulgence by deep-frying or even pan-frying these.
- 1(10-oz.) pkg. refrigerated cheese ravioli (such as Buitoni)
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 2 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 3large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Warm marinara sauce, if desired
How to Make It
Cook ravioli in a pot of boiling water for 6 minutes. Drain and set aside on paper towels to dry.
Stir together breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup of the Parmigiano Reggiano, 1/3 cup of the Pecorino, and 1 teaspoon of the black pepper in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a second shallow dish. Dip ravioli in egg, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, pressing to coat both sides.
Working in batches, place ravioli in a single layer in basket of an air fryer lightly coated with cooking spray. Cook at 350°F for 7 minutes, turning once halfway through. Place air fried ravioli on a platter; sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheeses and pepper. Serve with marinara, if desired.
Source: Read Full Article