Active time: 15 min. Total time: 45 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos, about 1/3 cup squash, about 1 Tbsp. sauce)
All that separates you from these Butternut Squash Tacos is a sheet pan, a blender, and one hour. Thanks to the chickpeas, these vegetarian tacos are packed with protein (i.e. super filling). The tender butternut squash and every-so-slightly crisp chickpeas get earthiness and some spice from turmeric and curry powder, while the creamy avocado-cilantro sauce provides zest and tanginess that complements the spices. Finally, crumbled feta provides extra tang and salt, while radish slices bring in a nice crunch. If you’re not a fan of butternut squash, feel free to sub in sweet potatoes. Repurpose any leftover filling into a hash or scramble the next morning.
- 2(12-oz.) pkg. peeled and diced fresh butternut squash (about 5 cups)
- 1(15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems, plus leaves for garnish (from 1 bunch)
- 1small (1 1/2 oz.) jalapeño chile, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1small (5 oz.) ripe avocado, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 8(6-in.) corn tortillas, warmed
- Crumbled feta cheese and sliced radishes, for serving
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Toss together butternut squash, chickpeas, oil, curry powder, turmeric, and 1 teaspoon of the salt on prepared baking sheet until evenly coated; spread into even layer. Bake in preheated oven until tender, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, place cilantro leaves and stems, jalapeño, avocado, yogurt, water, lime juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
Divide squash mixture evenly among warm corn tortillas; drizzle with avocado sauce, and top with crumbled feta and sliced radishes. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Source: Read Full Article