With lockdown conditions in place across the UK, restaurants, takeaways and bars have closed. This has meant the luxuries of nipping to McDonald’s for a burger have been taken away.
On April 1, an April Fool spread quickly across social media announcing the reopening of McDonalds, however the fast-food chain quickly put the rumour to bed.
A tweet from the official McDonald’s UK Twitter account said: “Lots of people getting in touch about a certain post circulating tonight.
“It’s fake, we are not reopening next week and any official announcements would come from this page and would spell the brand name correctly.”
The date McDonald’s is due to reopen is currently unknown.
Read More: McDonald’s drive thru: Is McDonald’s drive thru open?
- Mum makes children homemade McDonald’s Happy Meals
But if you want to make your own McDonald’s Big Mac, here is a recipe by Flava-It – adding instant Flava to every day www.flavait.co.uk you could do at home.
For Big Mac Sauce you will need:
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp grated onion
- 1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
To make delicious homemade Big Mac burgers:
- 450g minced beef
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 pickle slices (optional for those who always take them off their burger!)
- ½ white onion finely chopped
- 8 sesame seed buns
- shredded iceberg lettuce
McDonalds breakfast: How to make your own McDonalds breakfast at home [RECIPE]
McDonald’s Happy Meal box template: How to make a Happy Meal box [EXPLAINED]
Takeaway: How to make McDonald’s, KFC and Nando’s at home [INSIGHT]
- Britain’s takeaway heroes hailed for helping NHS and vulnerable
To make Big Mac sauce
Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, grated onion, relish, and Worcestershire in a mixing bowl or blender.
To make the burgers
1. Form the beef into eight even balls.
2. Use your hands or a spatula to flatten the balls into thin patties on a cutting board.
3. Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat.
4. Season the patties on both sides with salt and black pepper.
5. When very hot, add four of the patties to the pan
6. Cook for about one minute, until a brown crust develops.
7. Flip and continue cooking for 60 to 90 seconds longer, until the bottoms also have a crust.
8. Repeat with the remaining four patties.
To assemble the burgers, spread a little Big Mac sauce over the bottom base.
Top with some chopped onion, shredded lettuce, slice of cheese, beef patty and some pickle slices.
Top with the middle bun layer, and spread with more Big Mac sauce, onion, lettuce, pickles, beef patty and then finish with more sauce.
Finish with the burger bun top to serve.
Source: Read Full Article