"Authentic Mexican red rice. Easy to make! Use a different chile if you want milder or hotter rice."
- Grate tomatoes into a bowl using a box grater; discard tomato skins.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion until translucent, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into onion and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir rice into onion mixture and cook, stirring often, until rice is lightly toasted, about 3 more minutes. Stir grated tomato, chicken broth, and tomato sauce into the rice. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Mix in jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and salt; reduce heat to low. Cover skillet and simmer until rice has absorbed the liquid, about 15 minutes. Do not lift the cover while the rice is cooking.
- Turn off heat and let rice stand covered for 8 minutes. Fluff with a fork before transferring rice to a serving dish.
Per Serving: 213 calories;6 g fat;35.1 g carbohydrates;4.6 g protein;1 mg cholesterol;109 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article