"Take buttery shortbread cookies to another level by adding delicious and nutritious poppy seeds."
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine flour, butter, confectioners' sugar, poppy seeds, vanilla extract, and salt in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. Dough will be dry and crumbly.
- Press dough into a 11×7-inch baking pan. Pierce entire surface with a fork to prevent the dough from rising during baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges start to turn slightly brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove shortbread from pan and cut into 12 equal-sized bars while still warm. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Use the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten dough in pan.
- Do not let cookies cool before cutting or they will break into pieces.
Per Serving: 204 calories;15.7 g fat;15 g carbohydrates;1.3 g protein;41 mg cholesterol;158 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article