"A light biscuit topped with delicious strawberries."
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/3 cup white sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (If desired, place flour mixture into the work bowl of a food processor with the butter; pulse several times to cut butter into the flour mixture. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, and proceed.)
- Stir in buttermilk until the flour mixture is moistened.
- Drop 1/3-cup scoops of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix together the sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup white sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow berries to rest until juices develop, about 30 minutes.
- Serve the strawberries with juice over the biscuits.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 322 calories;13.2 g fat;47.6 g carbohydrates;4.8 g protein;35 mg cholesterol;585 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article