Active Time: N/ATotal Time10 MIN
Yield: Serves : 12
Brooklyn bartender Ivy Mix, the award-winning co-owner of Leyenda in Brooklyn, shared this cardamom-scented holiday punch. Layers of apple flavor, from cold-pressed juice, brandy, hard cider, and fresh apple slices, give the not-too-boozy punch an autumnal feel. Fun fact: Ivy Mix’s father, Robin Mix, is an acclaimed glass artist—his gorgeous handblown bowl (etsy.com/shop/robinmixglass) is perfect for showing off ivy’s heady cardamom-scented holiday punch.
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups French Sauvignon Blanc or similar dry white wine
- 1 cup cold-pressed apple juice or apple cider
- 3/4 cup white verjus
- 1/2 cup amontillado sherry
- 1/2 cup Calvados or other apple brandy
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup dry Spanish-style hard cider (such as Trabanco)
- 1 crisp, red-skinned apple, thinly cut crosswise into 12 rounds
How to Make It
Muddle cardamom pods and salt in bottom of a punch bowl. Stir in wine, apple juice, verjus, sherry, Calvados, and simple syrup. Add a 1-pound ice block or ice ring; stir gently until punch is chilled, about 30 seconds. Top with hard cider, and garnish with apple slices.
Source: Read Full Article